Newton Regis Church of England School is a small school at
the heart of its rural community. We have a living Christian
foundation that follows the teaching and example of Jesus who reached
out in love and drew in everyone, whatever their status or struggles,
beliefs or views.
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCo) is Mrs. Lisa Stephenson. She can be contacted through the School office on 01827 830220 or via email – [email protected]
Please click here for useful information about ‘The Nest Approach – how to support autistic young people with meltdowns’
Support and Advice for Parents and Carers
Direct Payments webinar for families with SEND
Are you a parent or carer of a child or young person with special educational needs and or disabilities (SEND)? Would you like to know more about direct payments and how they work? If so, why not attend our latest SEND webinar on direct payments to find out more.
The free webinar which is being run by Warwickshire County Council (WCC) in partnership with Penderels Trust and WCC’s Independent Living Team will take place on Friday 27 January from 1pm to 2pm.
The Children and Families Act gives parents and carers of children with Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP), and young people over the age of 16, greater choice and control over their support arrangements. If a child or young person receives an EHCP you will be able to request a personal budget, part of which might be available through a direct payment.
To help support families with the direct payments process, the webinar will cover:
- Direct payments and personal budgets – what they are, how they are used and how they are paid
- What can (and what can’t) be funded through them
- The roles and responsibilities of Warwickshire County Council
- Employers’ responsibilities for those using direct payments to employ staff
- Support provided by Penderels Trust to set up a direct payment
- The difference between a managed and a non-managed direct payment
- How the payroll service works at Penderels Trust
The webinar will take place on Friday 27 January, 1pm – 2pm and you can register to attend at: bit.ly/DirectPaymentsWebinar